Do you have a kid (7-11) or Teen (12-16), who loves to cook or bake? Then Wynton’s World Cooking School has a unique summer camp just for you! For a few weeks every June, July and August, campers have the opportunity to hang out and learn with some of the best chef instructors in the industry. Throughout the week, beginning with the basics of kitchen safety, campers will participate in hands-on Culinary or Pastry classes in the school’s kitchen – all while using real recipes easy enough to duplicate with the family at home. We also cover nutrition, ingredient information and food safety. Our Summer Cooking Camps will expand your child’s dining horizons, build math skills and self-esteem, promote teamwork and even get them to cook for you!
The Joy of Baking: Coming 2018
(Kids: CLOSED) / Teens: CLOSED)
Food Network Favorites: Coming 2018
(Kids: CLOSED) / Teens: CLOSED)
World Cuisines: Coming 2018
(Kids: CLOSED / Teens: CLOSED)
Culinary Boot Camp for Teens: Coming 2018
Is your teen ready to take their culinary skills to the next level? In this week-long Boot Camp, our seasoned chefs will teach teens all the essential cooking techniques and share kitchen wisdom that will stay with them for a lifetime. Students will become proficient at making sauces, knife skills, meat and vegetable cookery, making dough and baking. Additionally, they will understand the hows and whys of cooking, preparing them for a future of confidence in the kitchen.
Pastry Boot Camp for Teens: Coming 2018
If your teenage dream is to create professional pastry, or you just love the idea of developing your sweet skills, your time has arrived. This intense, inspiring class for 12- to 18-year-olds teaches pastry arts techniques needed to conquer the kitchen. This class requires no prior pastry experience. Each student receives personal attention and guidance, from the same instructors who train our adult pastry arts career students. Every day is a true hands-on experience, beginning with your first lesson where you start baking right away.
EACH CAMP IS FOR BOTH KIDS (MORNING) & TEENS (AFTERNOON). NO PREVIOUS COOKING SKILLS REQUIRED FOR ANY OF OUR CAMPS.
Prices, Days and Times:
- KID’S CAMP: TBA per person/session (Includes: Culinary Instruction, Food cost, T-Shirt, and Recipes). The class meets Monday – Friday (10:00am – 12:00pm).
- TEEN CAMP: TBA per person/session (Includes: Culinary Instruction, Food cost, T-Shirt, and Recipes). The class meets Monday – Friday (1:00pm – 3:30pm).
- TEEN BOOT CAMP: TBA per person/session (Includes: Culinary Instruction, Food cost, Chef Jacket & Hat, Recipes and Certificate of Completion). The class meets Monday – Friday (10:00am – 3:00pm).
Uniform / Shirt Sizing Please read the following directions on how to measure for jacket or shirt and mark the desired size on the form below.
- MALE: Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the arms and around the shoulder blades. Waist: Measure around where you normally wear your pants. Keep the tape a bit loose or put one finger between your body and the tape measure.
- FEMALE: Bust: Measure around the fullest part of the bust, under the arms and across the shoulder blades. Waist: Measure around the smallest area of the natural waist. Hold the tape level and firm but not tight.
What to Bring
All campers will need the following items: We know summer is hot. Nevertheless, safety in the kitchen is of utmost importance for our campers and staff. Pants/shorts must cover legs to the knee. Close-toed shoes with a good tread are mandatory. NO SANDALS OR FLIP FLOPS ARE PERMITTED IN THE KITCHENS.
Where to go on Day One
Check-in for camp will take place at our main campus located at 969 N. Harrison Ave., Cary, NC 27513. We do not provide early drop off or late pick up service, so please be on time!
- Morning Drop Off: 9:50 am – 10:00 am
- Morning Kitchen Session: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Afternoon Drop Off: 12:50 pm – 1:00 pm
- Afternoon Kitchen Session: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Rules of Conduct
Wynton’s World Cooking School maintains a strict enforcement policy for all rules of conduct on our premises. These rules are in place to protect the safety of the campers. Take note of the consequences below, these are non-negotiable. The following rules apply to all campers enrolled in Summer Camp. Any violation of the following rules will result in the non-negotiable consequences listed below:
- 1st Offense: Camper will receive a verbal warning. 2nd Offense: Camper will be sent home. Refunds under these circumstances will not be permitted.
- No smoking.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Parents and immediate family are the only outside visitors allowed in the building.
- Be respectful of the staff and fellow campers.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be glad to answer your questions!
Registrations (Coming 2018)
Fill out the course registration form below. Once you submit, you’ll be redirected to make your payment and complete the registration process. NOTE: Your registration will automatically cancel without payment.