From Coffee Shop in the heart of Cary’s Coffee Culture, this is the complete coffee course from bean to cup and beyond taught by a coffee expert. Would you like to learn more about coffee? Understand its origins, understand roasting & grinding? Would you like to find out how to make a better cup of coffee? Do you want to stop drinking bad coffee? If so, this is the course for you.
In this 4-class series, our master barista will give you all you need to be a coffee expert in a series of in depth, up close, hands on, videos and presentations. We will cover origins, beans, how beans are ground and why different grinds taste different.
We then move on to brewing and the different techniques employed. We’ll cover the French Press method, Moka method, Syphon method, Aeropress method, Chemex method and V60 method, and then demonstrates the equipment needed to employ them. We’ll then move to the world of Espresso, showing how to spot good and bad espresso, how to make Americanos, a good Flat White, Lattes and Cappuccinos. And we’ll even show how to put a modern twist on the Cappuccino. We’ll also give you tips and tricks that will help you avoid common mistakes. So what are you waiting for?
- Learning more about the background and history of coffee.
- Developing the skills to differentiate and discern good and bad coffee.
- Basic introduction about coffee beans: Coffee belt, Coffee tree to harvest, Processing, Roasting
- Arabica vs Robusta vs Liberica: Visual comparison between Arabica & Robusta & Liberica, Tasting brew coffee and local kopi-o without sugar
- Fresh bean vs Stale bean: Aroma, Visual, Brew & Taste (Cupping)
- Discussion: Why do we drink specialty coffee, Instant coffee + Health and Coffee
- How to Brew a FANTASTIC cup of coffee: French Press, Drip coffee, Sample of other brewing methods & how our Palate works
- Understanding how to Store Coffee
- Cooking with Coffee: Learn how coffee can enhance the flavors of cooking some of your favorite dishes.