- This event has passed.
Cooking Essentials I: Evening Session
September 22 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$325.00
This hands-on basic cooking series is tailored for beginners. Chef Wynton will guide you through a complete cooking basics– you’ll learn essential culinary techniques through classic cooking methods and gourmet recipes! We’ll cover all the bases of the kitchen as we master everything from professional knife skills to gourmet presentations. Learn the basics of cooking in this complete hands-on course. This series will provide clear and concise recipes for everyday cooking. The class focuses on simple techniques for easily cooking meals. Learn how to roast, pan-sear, stir-fry, make soups and simple sauces, bake from scratch. Learn to prepare wonderful meals.
- Planning: Learn the art of timing in the kitchen while becoming more efficient through organized prep and planning, or “mise-en-place”. Seasoning food and balancing flavors is an art. We will practice it many times, starting with how to properly use salt.
- Knife Skills & Vegetable Prep:Learn to take control of your chef’s knife: slicing, dicing and improving your prep skills, and understand which kitchen tools are really essential for the home cook. Learn how to cut up a whole chicken.
- Stocks, Soups & Sauces: Learn how homemade stock makes everything in the kitchen taste better and etch to memory the method for making flawless soups. Clear, broth-based, puree, and cream soups; consomme; chowders; bisque; cold soups; soup garnishing; soup service. Learn to create classic Sauces, modern sauces, and homemade condiments and use them in professional-style plating.
- Pasta: Learn how to cook and sauce perfect pasta with some of our house favorites.
- Saute: Sauteing is an essential cooking method and properly sauteed proteins can be the base for a simple but bold pan sauce once you know a few key tricks. You’ll try several variations.
Schedule: SEP 22, 2; OCT 6, 13
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO SUBSTITUTIONS, MAKE-UP DAYS OR CREDIT FOR MISSED CLASSES! IF YOU MUST MISS A CLASS IN THE SERIES YOU CAN SEND SOMEONE IN YOUR.