Our wine essentials series will give you a solid foundation to explore and enjoy wine without intimidation or hesitation. You will learn how to taste like the professionals do, focusing on all the “messages” embedded in the wine. Besides learning to identify components and flaws in any given wine, you will familiarize yourselves with all those hidden elements that separate great wines from average wines. You will be exposed to a few of the classic grape varieties of the world in order to help you sharpen your palate to develop your own wine vocabulary. Four to Six different wines will be tasted in each class.
Who is it for?
Anyone with an interest in wine! From the amateur wine-lover to the aspiring sommelier. This course is a must for those who enjoy wine and would like to know more about this fascinating beverage. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
What you will learn
Take away the fear and stigma for learning more about wine and use our course to learn:
- how wine is made, from planting the seed to cultivating the grape to refining it into wine.
- how different varieties of wine are created and what makes each of them different.
- how to participate in a wine tasting as an expert.
- what to look for in a wine you are tasting.
- how to properly store your wine (no matter the variety).
- how to choose the proper wine for every occasion.
Classes We Offer
- Wine Essentials for Beginners
- France as a wine region
- Spain, Italy & Germany as wine regions
- California, as a wine region
- Chile & Argentina as wine regions
- Australia as a wine region,
- Champagne, Sparkling Wine and Fortified wines
- Food & Wine Pairing
- Cooking with Wine
- Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles—and Cheese
- Pizza & Prosecco
- Lobster Rolls & Rose
- Wine and Gourmet Chocolate Pairing: A Match Made in Heaven